Monday, August 17, 2015

I Leave Tomorrow!

Hi everyone!, I got an early Email day because I leave to Florida tomorrow morning at 3:30 in the morning! I can't wait! It was so sad saying goodbye to all of my teachers. It felt like I was saying goodbye to my family again. I couldn't help but well up. I am going to miss the empty sea, I mean MTC, so much! I can't wait to get to Florida and meet and serve the people there.

A mission really isn't fair because they make you love everyone so much, and then they send you away immediately after you feel like they are apart of your family. But regardless I love everyone I've met in the MTC so very much and I'll always have a prayer in my heart for those that I have taught and those that have taught me.

I've learned so much on my mission here and I can't wait to share my testimony in Florida. Tomorrow we head out at 3:30 in the morning. I'll be calling home around 5-6am it depends on the time i get settled in the airport. I miss all of you so much. Ali I love you and I'm amazed at your talents. Stay strong in the church and your belief's. Dont forget to stand up for what you believe in. Keep sending me funny pictures if you find any I'd appreciate it! If you guys can find the Devotionals Characters of Christ, and Recognizing the spirit by David A. Bednar then watch them! They are the most amazing devotionals I've ever seen. Sam I love you brohammy! Nice job on the rank up and congrats on getting the first skin! Good job catching those lizards and the frog! Not so good job on catching the cold though :P

So on Friday I had an amazing experience. I was waiting for my companion to come out of the bathroom. While I was waiting I saw a sister who was sitting on the floor and crying while her companion and teacher were trying to comfort her. I had a prompting to go and ask her if she would like a blessing. I was waiting for a few minutes and I was watching all of these elders just walking by her as if nothing was wrong. I became a little bit shocked and disappointed that no one wanted to use their priesthood power. No one was listening to the spirit that was telling them to give her a blessing. When my companion got out of the bathroom, I told him what I was going to do and he said that that sounded good. So as I walked up to her, I got about within a foot of her when it was almost like someone had grabbed me turned me towards her and forced the words, "Would you like a priesthood blessing?" out of my mouth. She looked up at me with tear filled eyes full of hope. So i grabbed a chair along with some of the members of my district. We found a secluded room and brought her in. She needed a blessing of healing and asked that Elder smith do the anointing and that I would bless her to be healed. I gave her a blessing directed straight from the spirit. The reason I know this is that I couldn't repeat that blessing if I tried. I felt really warm inside and she looked extremely relieved. She said that she was already feeling better and after talking for a while we said our goodbyes and we told her that she would be in our prayers. Later that night after I was done writing in my journal I was about to go and get in bed when I suddenly really had to use the restroom. I thought to myself, 'I can hold it until the morning." When I got to my door, it was almost like I was about to pee my pants. So I thought, "fine i'll go pee now then..." I ended up meeting a guy who was feeling nauseous and needed a priesthood blessing of healing. So I went into my room to see if anyone was asleep expecting to see elder smith passed out. He was staring at me wide eyed as I opened the door and he told me that he couldn't sleep. We gave him a blessing and Immediately after he was feeling better. The lord works in mysterious ways hahaha.

We went to another few devotionals this Sunday. The first one was by the Nashville tribute band and they sang a lot of amazing songs about our church and our belief's. The second devotional was How to recognize the spirit by David A. Bednar. His answer was very short, "Don't worry bout it." He followed it up by some amazing stories. One of which was when he gave Elder Packer 20 marks on his mission in Germany for food on a train. The train eventually was stopped when going into Eastern Germany and a guard came on the train checking for passports. President Packer's passport was fine but Sister Packer's passport wasn't up to date. So President Packer put the 20 marks into his wife's passport and stacked his on top of hers. The guard came back and the 20 marks was gone and he and his wife made it safely through Germany. Elder Bednar quickly let us now, "This was not a bribe, it was a righteous exchange." We couldn't stop laughing. Another experience was started with why we read first Nephi so freaking much. We read it like a bagillion times (true Bednar words). Then we stop at the Isiah chapters in second Nephi and put it away and reread Nephi again. A companion on his mission put a mini Book of Mormon in his shirt pocket which then saved his life later. He was shot by a gun and the bullet hit the Book of Mormon. It stopped right at the Isiah chapters in the Book of Mormon!
I can't wait to share what I've learned in the field in Jacksonville, Florida. I would like to end by bearing my testimony that I know that this is the true church. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior. I know that through him we can be forgiven of all our transgressions. God is our loving Father in heaven. Joseph Smith restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ and through the power of the priesthood, translated the Book of Mormon. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ our savior, Amen.

I love you all and I miss you so much! Let me know how things are going back west! I'll keep you updated!
Elder Salter

No comments:

Post a Comment